Note: Before installing Microsoft Office it is important to make sure all other/previous versions are uninstalled
Sign in to download Office
- Go to www.office.com and if you’re not already signed in, select Sign in.
- Sign in with the account you associated with this version of Office. This account can be a Microsoft account, or work or school account. I forgot the account I use with Office
- After signing in, follow the steps that match the type of account you signed in with.You signed in with a Microsoft account
- From the Office 365 home page select Install Office apps (If you set a different start page, go to aka.ms/office-install.)
- Select Office 365 apps to begin the installation.
Tip: The 64-bit version is installed by default unless Office detects you already have a 32-bit version of Office (or a stand-alone Office app such as Project or Visio) installed. In this case, the 32-bit version of Office will be installed instead.
To change from a 32-bit version to a 64-bit version or vice versa, you need to uninstall Office first (including any stand-alone Office apps you have such as Project of Visio). Once the uninstall is complete, sign in again to www.office.com and select Other install options, choose the language and version you want (64 or 32-bit), and then select Install. (See Install Visio or Install Project if you need to reinstall those stand-alone apps.)
This completes the download of Office to your device. To complete the installation, follow the prompts in the “Install Office” section below.Tip: Don’t see an install option after signing in? There could be an issue with your account. Select Need help? from above and review the solutions under Account questions.
- Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
The install begins.
2 Your install is finished when you see the phrase, “You’re all set! Office is installed now” and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close
Installation or sign in issues?
If you’re having an installation issue such as Office taking long to install, try Need help? for a list of common issues.
- To open an Office app, select the Start button (lower-left corner of your screen) and type the name of an Office app, like Word.If you have Windows 8.1 or 8.0, type the name of an Office app on the Start screen. Can’t find your Office apps?
- To open the Office app, select its icon in the search results.
- When the Office app opens, accept the license agreement. Office is activated and ready to use.Note: The Activation Wizard appears if Office has trouble activating. Complete the steps in the wizard to finish activating Office.
Note: The Activation Wizard appears if Office has trouble activating. Complete the steps in the wizard to finish activating Office
Article Source Microsoft Office Support: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/download-and-install-or-reinstall-office-365-or-office-2019-on-a-pc-or-mac-4414eaaf-0478-48be-9c42-23adc4716658#InstallSteps=Install_on_a_PC